Hold your horses, there is A LOT going on at SEC. Please see your instructor for further details regarding any program or event listed below.
SEC Events Calendar
- Valentines Week (2/7-2/14): make a valentine for your favorite horse and we will display it in our lounge
- SEC Schooling Show: Sunday, 2/13
- 1st Annual Sweethearts Ball (to benefit Team Y Ride): Saturday, 2/19
- School Vacation Horse Lease: 2/21-2/26
- SEC Rated Horse Show: Sunday, 2/27
- Connecticut Horse Shows Association Year-End Awards Banquet: Saturday, 3/5
- SEC Rated Horse Show: Sunday, 3/20
- SEC Schooling Show – Sunday, February 13th
- Classes for ALL riding levels, no formal show attire required. Only $10 per class and $5 office fee. Fun way to experience the show ring and prep for upcoming Shallowbrook rated shows. See your instructor for a class list and entry.
1st Annual Sweethearts Ball (to benefit Team Y Ride) – TICKETS ON SALE NOW
The Shallowbrook Polo Club will be hosting the 1st annual Sweethearts Ball on Saturday, February 19th from 6:30pm-midnight at Chez Joseph, Agawam, MA. Dinner, dancing and silent and live auction. Creative black tie and must be 16 years old to attend. 100% of the proceeds will benefit Team Y Ride. RSVP before February 12th, tickets are $45 per person, to purchase see your instructor and make checks payable to the YMCA of Greater Springfield or contact Julie Costello, Executive Director of the YMCA of Greater Springfield at 413/739-6951. Tickets will be given at the door. If you are unable to attend but would like to make a tax-deducible monetary or auction prize donation contact Julie Costello at 413/739-6951.
NEW!!! – SEC Lesson and Boarder Referral Program
We are thrilled to announce our NEW referral program!!! Have a friend, co-worker, or family member who is interested in riding, polo lessons, or boarding??? NOW is the time!!! Incentives for you and your referral, check the news board in the tack room or between the indoors rings, or see your instructor for details.
UPDATED!!! – Instructors Page
Check out the NEW pictures and stories about our Shallowbrook instructors on the SEC website…www.shallowbrook.com.
Clean Your Tack
You may have noticed some new signs posted in the tack room, reminding students to PLEASE clean their tack after every ride. If you are not sure how to clean the tack, instructions are listed in the tack room or see your instructor. Thanks in advance for keeping our tack in good condition for all to use!
February School Vacation Horse Lease
Experience a horse lease the week of school vacation (2/21-2/26). A week lease entitles you or your child to be able to ride 4 times a week. They would also be allowed to groom the horse everyday as well as feed the horse two times during that week (Shallowbrook provides the feed). Horses are leased on a first come first serve basis. Please contact your instructor for more information.
SEC Rated Horse Show Schedule
Shows start at 8am and last all day…so come be a part of the action or cheer on our SEC riders.
- Sunday, 2/27: CHSA, CHJA, NEHC, M&S
- Sunday, 3/20: CHSA, CHJA, NEHC, M&S
- Friday, 6/10 through Sunday, 6/12: USEF “A” rated, CHSA, CHJA, NEHC, M&S
- Saturday, 9/24: CHSA, CHJA, M&S
- Saturday, 10/29: CHSA, CHJA, NEHC, M&S, USEF
- Sunday, 11/13: CHSA, CHJA, NEHC, M&S
- Sunday, 11/20: CHJA, NEHC, M&S
Connecticut Horse Shows Association Year-End Awards Banquet
The annual year-end awards banquet will be held in Hartford, CT on Saturday, 3/5. Congratulations to our SEC riders on winning year-end ribbons:
- Samantha Hansen: Lead Rein Hunt Seat, Medal and Blue Ribbon
- Kayla Rodriguez: Walk-Trot Hunt Seat Equitation, Medal and Blue Ribbon
- Cute Cousin Andy: Walk-Trot Hunt Seat Pleasure, Medal and Blue Ribbon (rider Kayla Rodriguez)
- Allyson Quirk: Beginner 11 & Over Equitation, Reserve Champion
- Autumn Ortiz: Beginner 11 & Over Equitation, 5th Place
- The Original: Adult English Pleasure, 3rd Place (rider Julie Costello)
- Cute Cousin Andy: Beginner 11+ Pleasure, Reserve Champion (rider Allyson Quirk)
Student Horse Show-Save the Date
Our Spring student horse show will be held on Sunday, May 22nd. Mark your calendar!
Summer Horsemanship Program-Save the Date
It’s not too early to start planning your summer!!! Our Summer Horsemanship Program includes daily riding lessons, horse and stable care, arts and crafts, introduction to polo, games on horseback and an end of the week riding demonstration for family and friends to enjoy. Weekly session dates and applications will be available soon. Program day is 9am-1pm (pre-school clinic day is 9am-11:30am).
Check out our display case in the lounge featuring Shallowbrook fleece-lined jackets, Varsity jackets, saddle pads, zip-up sweatshirts. Great gifts!
First Addition Shallowbrook Equestrian Center 2011 Wall Calendar
Filled with pictures of SEC riders and horses, only a FEW left. Makes for a GREAT gift. 100% of the proceeds will benefit Team Y Ride.
Many students and non-students have enjoyed the fun birthday parties at SEC in recent months. Contact Elyse (firstname.lastname@example.org) for available dates and more information.
Team Y Ride
Our riders continue to excel in their riding, GREAT job!!! And a special thank you to the Shea family for donating their outgrown riding apparel to the program!
Thanks to all who participated in our holiday get together 12/11, last ride of the year 12/31, holiday horse lease 12/26-12/31, and made holiday cards for our lounge and tack room.
SEC Five Star Series
Congratulations to all the SEC Five Star Series winners!!!
Interscholastic Polo Teams
Congratulations to SEC’s Interscholastic Polo Teams on their recent impressive wins. The boys team with a 26-18 win in Rhode Island and an 11-10 win over Cornell, with Drew Gale scoring the final goal. The girls team with a win over Brandywine 17-8.
Welcome New Riders and Boarders
SEC welcomes all of our new boarders and riders. Looking forward to a GREAT year!
Happy New Year!
Shallowbrook Equestrian Center