Shallowbrook Equestrian Center Update – September

Hello from Shallowbrook Equestrian Center (SEC).  Thanks for a GREAT summer and get ready for an amazingly BUSY season at Shallowbrook.

HOT TOPICS

Student Horse Show

Save the date!  Our Halloween-themed student horse show is Sunday, November 1st.  The show will start later this year at 10am to give our trick-or-treaters some extra time.  Entry forms will be available the first week of October.  Good luck to all!

Hunt Seat Horse Shows

The busy Fall show season at SEC begins this Saturday, September 19th.  The show starts at 8am and will last all day.  The show is free to watch, so come visit, eat some great food, and support our riders.  Other home shows this Fall are 10/24, 11/8, and 11/15.

Cancellation Policy

Reminder that all students are required to inform their instructor at least 5 hours in advance of their lesson time.  If the instructor is not notified within this time period, the student will be charged for the lesson in full.  Please contact your instructor via Shallowbrook’s main phone number (860/749-0749) and/or your instructor’s cell phone number.  Thank you!

School Update

Best wishes to our students for a GREAT year of school!   And congratulations to SEC’s intercollegiate stars:

  • Lissa Mele: Hobart William Smith Equestrian Team
  • Kristen Wenning: Colorado State University Polo Team

SEC Rider Expectations

For the care and safety of our horses, our instructors will be reviewing our expectations of proper care of our horses’ prior to and following lessons.  If you are unable to properly care for your horse following your lesson a $15.00 maintenance fee will be charged to your next lesson.  Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Ladies Night

Calling all students, boarders, and mother’s and grandmother’s of students for a fun night out.  Thursday, October 1st at 7pm at the Black Horse Tavern in Hampden, MA.  Please see Elyse, Lucy, or Steph for further information and RSVP by Friday, September 25th so we can reserve tables.

Dog Agility Event

Three-day dog competition (September 25th-27th) utilizing the SEC grounds.  Entry fee to participate but free to watch.

Birthday Party

Reminder that birthday parties are available at Shallowbrook.  Contact Elyse for more information.

Question of the Month

Congratulations to Taylor Bergin the Question of the Month winner please see your instructor for your prize.

Polo Update

The summer polo season was terrific and the Fall weather has been great for playing!  Reminder that our Polo Club plays matches every Sunday at 2pm rain or shine and it is free to watch.

PAST TOPICS

Troy Green, Shallowbrook, and the Make-A-Wish Foundation (September)

On Saturday, September 12th, Troy Green teamed up with Shallowbrook and the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Connecticut and Massachusetts for the first annual benefit horsemanship clinic. 100% of all proceeds went to the cause, with 75% benefiting Make-A-Wish® and the other 25% to help AQHYA teams in New England heading to The All American Quarter Horse Congress.  Pictures to come!

Connecticut Horse Show Association 2009 Finals (August)

Congratulations to SEC’s Coosas Array of Gold and Lara Avery on your winning ribbons!!!

Rider Appreciation Week (August)

Congratulations to Christine Howard and Montego, our 2009 Rider Appreciation Week Obstacle Course winners.

Best wishes, Shallowbrook Equestrian Center

860/749-0749   shallowbrook.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a reply